I’m currently on parental leave, which is something that leaves very little time for any concentrated work effort because your first priority is to be on-call to solve the problems of a baby and you get interrupted all the time. But in between interruptions you can reflect on things and sometimes respond to email threads. I’ve been thinking about one topic in particular, namely quality, over the last week or two, and now my son is asleep, so I’m going to try to write up a blog post about it. In this post, I’m making the claim that
Developer-facing quality is a completely different thing from end-user facing quality, and is usually more important.
In one of the email threads I’ve been responding to, I said that “near-perfect quality code is … a meta-feature” meaning it affects and improves all other features, and that “it’s really a requirement to achieve sustainable…
View original post 1,189 more words
- Before the event, it is a great tool to spread the word about the contents of your event (speakers, topics etc.), to engage and to connect with potential attendees.
- During the event, it is perfect to add a virtual component to your conference or meeting, by linking the real life audience with the tweeps out there.
- It is also great to collect feedback, questions, do polls during the event.
- After the event, it allows you to refer back to useful content like slides, videos, blog summaries etc. You can also track and analyze who took part in the discussions, what the sentiment was, what you can improve and what was particularly appreciated.
- It is a perfect foundation to create a post-conference review, using Storify. Check out this example from the Emerge Conference 2011 in Oxford.
View original post 417 more words
The app calculates amount of time you sleep, and then adaptively adjusts your alarm time. It also calculates light and deep sleep phase.
Sleep Time by Azumio is an alarm clock that monitors and analyzes your sleep cycles to wake you up in the lightest sleep phase, allowing you to wake feeling rested and relaxed. Utilizing the iPhones accelerometer, Sleep Time by Azumio, senses your subtle movements throughout the night and graphs your sleep cycles.
Tracks your movement throughout the day and gives you number of steps, walking, running, cycling or driving, which for the time being is limited to taking public transport in Singapore for now .
Moves automatically records any walking, cycling, and running you do. You can view the distance, duration, steps, and calories* burned for each activity. The activity tracker is always on, so there’s no need to start and stop it. Just keep your phone in your pocket or your bag.
Well what has been missing from Moves comes in Nike app, the social factor and seeing how your friends are faring. Reminds me of one of the incubation which was aiming for a social racing device.There has been other apps too, runkeeper, endomondo. After hanging around with these ultimately settled with this one
Award Winning Weight Tracker App developed as a tool mainly to help motivate a person following a diet and/or exercise program to reach their desired target weight within a predefined period.